Wednesday 31 December 2008

Quotes out of Context

So, I finally join the ranks of those who have aquired the Tidal Talisman and its in-game counterpart. A very sweet present from Mr. Ringthree /big grin. SE said they intentionally designed the in-game item to look dowdy and a bit plain, non-descript if you will. Certainly the colour scheme lends itself to that with the soft browns and simple edges, however they have released screenshots of other pieces of gear with the same model but different skins looking far more ornate and interesting.



It is a bit of a strange item to be honest, you can't get away from the fact that it IS a gimick to sell on the necklace that comes with it, it's still cool though. LOL, or mayhap I am just easily amused, it is handy as a quick hop to Jeuno if you are in a hurry, every 2 days or something like which is the recharge on it. Sometimes you wish these use once a day items actually had some realistic reuse schedule like once a day. That would be practical. Every 24hours. Not every 64hours. How many times have you only needed to go to Jeuno once every 40hours when exping around lvl 25-40.

Since I am leveling DNC at the moment I fully know what it is like zooming back and forth between Jeuno and my home point in Windurst, yes yes, I know, I could set my home point in Jeuno for the duration of my time leveling DNC to 40, but UGH. Jeuno might once have been the hub of all activity, but the introduction of Whitegate put paid to that and now Jeuno is no longer the most accessible place.

Sure you can warp to it from Whitegate, at a cost. True if you regularly exp 1 silver imperial piece isn't much and you can always take your chances with the random warp taru and his lottery landings outside Jeuno but you have to airship in to anywhere else and while the airship only lasts 3mins if you miss it it is 11mins for another to show up, which is a substantial amount of time sat around twiddling your thumbs gazing into the waters of Jeuno and wondering if they have flotsam issues.

I love being in Windurst, 300g to Whitegate, OP warps right outside the moghouse (finally! That jog was a pain in the neck previously) Convenient access to the maws if it is needed, the only convoluted path is Jeuno. But it is still more of a point from where I can get everywhere quickly than Jeuno. The biggest problem with Jeuno is that there is no Wildcat warp to Whitegate. Now before you all get up in arms, yes I know, SE have finally said they are going to implement the Lure Of The Wildcat warp from Jeuno in an upcomming update, so we might see yet another shift in the population base back to Jeuno. Me? I will still be living in Windurst, with the convenience of access to my moglocker, mog house AND most importantly my mog locker.

What I do find interesting about this body piece is that it finally has a bit of flashy interface, around the actual talisman itself more associative with the furnishings in your moghouse than your gear. Not only does it have the glint on the neckpiece itself, but the graphic for it in your inventory is an icon of the pendant, not a body shaped icon as you would expect which took me by surprise. Possibly as a way to be distinctive in its means and intent to be not really something that serious, more a bit of frivolity or should we go more rampantly speculative and possibly go with the idea that it is a test, a trial to see exactly how such enhancements work within the game, if it does cause any additional graphical lag and such as a possibility towards more gear coming out with similar kinds of enhancements.



Hellzfury, Dragoon extraordinnaire, short-ass hume and all round goblinhumper brought a bunch of his friends from real life into the Hive (CoveredInBees) right about the time his participation in the game began to wane due to the constricts of real life (booo). Ehrii, Raider, Majorshoes and a few others have been getting to grips with life in FFXI and all the fun of leveling your first job to 75.

Most of them are now at the same point in their game career where certain progression hurdles must be overcome such as the genkai quests and most importantly, your AF fights. We have been running around in dribs and drabs getting coffer keys, hunting down the chests and blobbing nm's for the various pieces they all need over the last few days. I have to say I am LOVING the new respawns on coffers for AF. We had the unfortunate instance to have a chest snaked from us by a rather enterprising Taru right after Raider died to a horde of orcs and we were waiting for her to unweaken so she could pop it.

With the new improved coffer respawn only being 5mins for AF and maps (I have never actually seen how it works on gil and items, I am presuming some kind of character block that prevents you from opening any more coffers for 30mins?) it wasn't long before it recharged and we could finish up in Davoi scurrying away with our loot of 2 coffer keys, 2 bits of AF and the PLD AF mobs defeated.



This guy is WAY easier to kill in the present than in Campaign! LOL.

Finally, I have decided to install a new and ongoing bit of fun into my blog. Quotes taken out of context, delightfully wicked soundbites that in the shape and form of whatever it was we were doing at the time made perfect sense, but taken outside their original intent and just randomly thrown out into the wider world you suddenly get some delightfully entertaining or just plain bizzare moments to play with.

Quotes Out Of Context - 01

3 comments:

  1. Ha! I made it into the QOOC! That's funny. That's a great quote too. =)

    And sad I couldn't help much with coffers and AFs. Thats a perfect instance were I can be useful without the worry of screwing up since it's lower then what I normally screw up on. Win\Win situation. Oh, well! At least we're getting more members, eh? Fun times! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. You probably know this by now but i say it anyways they did add the Wildcats quest in Jenou and in last update i think it was (dec) they made it possible get to whitegate =) works fine at least for me nice blog Omo and wow on the thing about that umm crap cor party ppl (shakes head).

    ReplyDelete
  3. LoL yes yes, I know. Q told me as well. I wasn't entirely sure when it became active, I am not a rabid reader of the update notes, that is what we have Ringthree for. ^.^

    ReplyDelete