Tuesday 16 December 2008

Attack of the Quigglypus

Introduction!

There we go, now we have that out of the way ^.^ We can get on to the proper stuff. The ramblings of my mind.

Not entirely sure if this is ever going to be relevant, but it is some small diversion, after all we take such great stock in the opinions of others don't we. Whether it is based on our own self perception or just the simple opinion of others. How others think and react on and around our own interests enlarges our own understanding of what we like and dislike.

I have no real idea of when I will update, or what I will write about, generally things that pique my interest, or possibly a daily record who knows. Maybe even sometimes I will write merely for my own edification or understanding. It does help to lay ones ideas out from time to time, you can gain a fresh perspective on a niggling issue or see the blatantly obvious that you were missing.

Me!




In theory looking intelligent and pointing LoL, not at anything specifically I don't think, possibly a guilded gatway as I was lurking around waiting for Salvage (more on this to come in future posts!) Skulking around as 75 bard in this particular instance, although I do also have Dragoon, White Mage and Ninja at 75. Not a huge amount of jobs for the time I have spent playing this game but I am not obsessive about exping constantly, it is fun but it can get tedious. I don't mind being driven when I want to level a job to 75, but it is not my sole preocupation with playing FFXI. I am very busy with running Versus most of the time, it is not uncommon for me to log on solely for events before going to bed again. It is quite hard work running an EST ls on GMT time, particularly when you work the next day, *grin* at least my job favours my slightly bizzare sleeping schedule with a nice afternoon start giving me time to sleep in, rather than turning into a zombie. Not that the folk at work don't already think I am crossed with a Vampire *chomp*

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of experiencing the highs and lows of exp in game. The first was definately a low. It wasn't that it appeared to be bad, Mephistopheles, a rather brave Japanese Taru NIN invited me into a party the second I threw my flag up, so I said yes, he then proceeded to pick up a party of Europeans.


Now I know and I appreciate, that Great Britain is part of Europe, we have been a member of the EU since 1973 when it was still known as European Economic Community. We meddle in affairs in Brussels and are happy to throw our weight around but there is something about British aloofness that still creates a divide between us and the continent. Possibly because we are an island and so not part of the traffic that flows through continental Europe, maybe just that old British Imperialism that refuses to die, who knows but one thing is for sure, we tend to dabble rather than commit to the EU and being considered a European. We are instead... British.


As such, when I am in game, I do have a tendency to think of myself as British and everyone else as European, particularly if I don't know the person. Which is funny as I am definately NOT a patriotic person in any way, shape or form.


I digress, so these Europeans were Germans I believe, I can't remember all their names, and I wish I could, there was a DNC who insisted on trying to solo every single link we got, a WAR who was generally allergic to provoke a SAM who was constantly afraid of repops and a RDM who said his keyboard was dying and so had a tendency to let people die a whole lot. I was starting to have deep reservations about whether I wanted to be in the party or not after we all wiped, barely even able to clear out the corridor in the northern end of the Mamool lands staging point. I was saved by the Japanese ninja (and this IS only speculation) finally getting tired of dying constantly, it must have been his 5 or 6th death I am sure he spent at least 85% of the party resting while weakened, just mijin gakured and disbanded the party, which I was MORE than fine with. So dismal, I barely scrapped together 3k exp in the tormented hour and a half of exp. *shudder*


The second party was just sheer sexiness! You know it is a good party when you can chain with the wivre.


True to form of the best parties, it was formed from members of the ls, or people I knew. We had the fortune to secure the first tier of birds (while 2 parties competed for birds on the lower tier bizzarely enough) with 2 Bards, Myself and Bubbly, Izman on WAR/NIN, Tohmane on SAM/WAR, Foxy (Ninjafox for the uninitiated) on RDM/WHM and Qtipus (Now known as The Quigglypus) on DRG/SAM. Just over 50k in 2 hours, it was SUCH a contrast the the dismal party earlier and so so much more fun. I had the super easy job of Madrigal, Minuet and Ballad, so it was quite entertaining to run back and forth singing songs and discussing the rise and fall of Lady Macbeth in the linkshell. Good times!


The Quigglypus In Action!

3 comments:

  1. ugh...nicknames...

    And the reason for the aloofness is tea time. Scrap tea @ high noon and you'll be a welcome part of the european continent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh...more nicknames...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Want 50k Exp ; ;

    And damn, this Blog thing is just another way for you to invent vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete